This type of alternative healing has grown rapidly since originating in Japan around 1922 by a Japanese Buddhist named Mikao Usui. Reiki (pronounced: Ray – Key) is an energy healing treatment that works holistically on the whole body, mind and spirit. It is NOT a system of religion or religious beliefs, of any type. Reiki works on different vibrational levels with the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual, enhancing everything in life. One of the most versatile therapies that is in use today as a complementary therapy in numorious hospitals to enhance the health care the patient receives in both the hospital and outpatient settings. Reiki helps physical ailments along with minor psychological problems. Healing the body by stress reduction, mental clarity and relaxation, which triggers the body’s natural healing abilities (the immune system). It aids in better sleep and improves and maintains health.
Reiki offers many qualities and benefits that help not only health but the body, mind and spirituality, both physically and emotionally. Some benefits include:
- Helps anxiety disorders.
- Relief during emotional distress and sorrow.
- Releases emotional blocks.
- Helps in the grieving process.
- Balances the body and mind. (Physical and emotional)
- Brings inner peace and harmony.
- Heals mental/emotional wounds.
- Works through dysfunction.
- Releases suppressed feelings.
- Helps mood swings.
- Alleviate fear, frustration and anger.
- Enhances capability to love.
- Strengthen immune system.
- Relieve pain from migraine, arthritis, sciatica, and more.
- Balances Chakras.
- Grounds the body. (physically , mentally , and spiritually)
- Provides happiness and harmony.
- Helps with symptoms of asthma, chronic fatigue, menopausal symptoms, insomnia, and more.
- Speeds up recovery.
- Activates the Law of Attraction.
- Triggers the body’s natural healing capabilities (immune system)
- Improves and maintains health.
- Decreases stress.
- Aids in better sleep.
- Reduces side effects of medications.
- Much More.
Reiki is for everyone, adults, babies, toddlers, children, elderly, pets and animals alike. This technique assists in relieving or reducing pain and discomfort by balancing the body’s energy centers, commonly known as the chakras (pronounced: Cha – Kra). In the language of Buddhism (Sanskrit) the meaning of chakra is “wheel”, from its function as a vortex of spinning energy. These chakras or energy centers are located in seven different points in the body, following the path of the spine. They influence and reflect physical health as well as mental, emotional and spiritual wellbeing. All the chakras must be open and clear in order to achieve optimum health and balance in life. Each chakra has its own name, position, color, mantra, vibrational frequency, sound, functions and even certain foods that stimulate them. As an example, below are each chakra by name with it’s function and sound (musical note).
- Crown - wisdom, transcendence, universality. (Note: B)
- Third Eye - extrasensory perception, intuition, inspiration. (Note: A and A#)
- Throat - personal truth, etheric, expression. (Note: G and G#)
- Heart - compassion, love, integration. (Note: F and F#)
- Solar Plexus - will, social self, power. (Note: E)
- Sacral - emotions, creativity, sexuality. (Note: D and D#)
- Root - safety, grounding, right to live. (Note: C and C#)
The balancing of chakras creates an even flow of steadiness throughout the body creating a healing process as it moves within the needed areas and clears the energy to balance the body including the emotional state of mind.
Everything in the universe is made up of energy vibrating at different frequencies. Reiki uses that energy for healing, physical, emotional, spiritual, body and mind. The law of vibration states that anything that exists in our universe, whether seen or unseen, broken down into and analyzed in it’s purest and most basic form, consists of pure energy or light which resonates and exists as a vibratory frequency or pattern. Even things that look solid are made up of vibrational energy fields at the quantum level. It’s the same as the law of actions. By focusing on positive or negative thoughts a person brings positive or negative experiences into their life. The universal energy of frequency and vibration is the universal energy life force that Reiki is built on and the law of attraction exists.
There are different levels of Reiki practitioners ranking from level one to the level of Master/Teacher. The first degree (level one), focuses on opening the energy channels on a physical level by practicing, allowing the practitioner to connect to the universal life force energy and begin practicing Reiki on themselves by working through their own obstacles. Second degree (level two), is focused on expanding openings of the energy channels to connect more deeply to the universal energy as well as draw on the qualities that the symbols represent. Third degree (Level three), Reiki Master, this level is traditionally considered the teacher’s level. This practitioner has received the energy and knowledge to attune new Reiki practitioners. Becoming a Reiki Master also represents a deep commitment to the Reiki practice and it’s path to heal others for the higher good. The Reiki levels provide a generalization of the progression of Reiki mastership.
Healing Feather Massage & Reiki is a Master/Teacher level and has helped many clients through difficult things with this type of therapy along with Native American healing and massage.
“Balancing Body, Mind, and Spirit”